Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Little Man...

Today was a big day for Camden--his first haircut! I had booked appts at the local kid's salon twice, canceling with the excuse that Camden wasn't up for it (ie snotty nose, not enough sleep...). Camden is very attached to his hair, and I guess, so am I. When he's sleepy, he rakes his hands through it...when he's mad, he pulls it. I couldn't stand to cut too much off, and the more I thought about, I didn't really trust the job to anyone else, or wish to pay a whopping $20+ a cut! So, we decided we would attempt his first cut at home instead. After a week of preparation, we decided today was the day. We found an informative YouTube video where a woman cuts a little guy's hair in under 10 minutes, and figured that with our complete lack of experience we would need to keep Camden occupied for at least 30 min!

Here he is, already glued to the screen, moments before his cut...



Camden watched an edited version of Finding Nemo (we skipped through all the scary shark, jelly fish, and boat scenes!) during his cut. After I trimmed off most of the length, Mark worked on cutting above his ears. It's a little uneven here and there, and not exactly symmetric, but I think it was a success! And our little man is as cute as ever :) We even had him dress up in his sweater vest and jacket for church this morning.



3 comments:

oates10124 said...

Oh my what a cutie! We love you, Camden and your mom and dad did a great job. Love, Grandma and Grandpa

Unknown said...

OMG now Camden's hari is shorter than mine! but it looks really cute!

heather said...

I love the new do!! You guys did great! I think he looks more grown up and very handsome - I actually love it more than his previous longer cut. I'm not that brave - I wimp out and take McKenna to the kiddy salon. She gets her nails done afterward too.